Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Perfect Valentine

A Perfect Valentine

It was Valentine Day again.....Thousands of hearts break...Hundreds of hearts make....

I had no idea what will happen to my heart…make or break……But at the end of the day...What happened…It was a nightmare…I never knew it could be so devastating….

Last week I came across a question:

What is more unfortunate?

a) One sided love that is unsaid.
b) Two sided love that is unsaid.
c) One sided love that gets rejection.
d) Two sided love, which ends in a break-up.
e) Two-sided love where one person betrays the other.
f) No love.

I gave a thought but then I couldn’t come up with a conclusion. However I had already planned for this valentine.

Since last year October I know her. She had just come out of a relationship. Although it was a very brief one but it had left impressions on her. Even I had faced breakup in May and that had devastated me to the core. Though her breakup was more recent one, but still she always looked more balance than me. Perhaps girls very quickly take hold on their emotions…even if not they hide it very well…This is not the case with Guys…they always look to fill the absence with someone else. I guess the same happened to me.

I used to share everything with her and even she was no different. But every time we talked, her past was a major part of the discussion which I always used to refrain. I always used to pour my affection on her but she always used to draw a line. I can see very clearly that her past is taking toll on her even if she is not showing this to world. I had seen into her eyes the fear to get into any other relationship and my motive was to remove this.

I wanted to celebrate my valentine day with her. So I thought of proposing her on the eve of it. My plan and intentions were clear to me.

12th February, 2009:

I bought a valentine card, and wrote my emotions on it. I didn’t write my name on it since I wanted to create suspense. Rather I took a Cadbury chocolate and tore the packet. On the wrapper I wrote “I love you” all over. I also jotted my blog site where I had published a poem for her. I put the chocolate inside and sealed it very carefully making sure that no one can trace if it was torn. I was damn sure that once she will read the poem on that blog, she will understand who is behind all this. It seemed to me a perfect plan for a perfect valentine. I wrapped the card and chocolate with a gift paper and put it into refrigerator to ensure that chocolate will not melt till morning.

13th February, 2009:

In the morning when I woke up at 5:30 am, power was gone. I rushed to the fridge to see if chocolate is alright. I was relieved to see it in perfect shape. I had to take bath with cold water. But anything for you my sweetheart I thought in my own. I dressed up quickly and moved to the bus stop. Not a single cab show up going to phase II. I consoled my heart “No pain No gain”. I took a cab to phase I and then luckily got a bus to phase II.

I was overwhelmed after reaching at my destination. From there I had to go to SDB6 2nd floor. In a flash I reached there but to my disappointment it was an ODC. I got panicked but didn’t lose my heart. I asked the security lady to please allow me inside to keep this at her desk. But she was adamant enough. I tried all my tricks on her but all in vain. I never knew the start will be so bad. I kept the gift pack with the securities main gate. I had to write her phone number on the pack but my cell was switched off. I wrote some arbitrary number on that. With a heavy heart I came back to phase I.

At 11:00 am, I asked my friend to call her up and ask her to collect the gift from the main gate. After half an hour she ping me back. My fingers were crossed. She asked “what was this prank all about?”

I replied”Do you feel this was a prank?”

She said I knew it was you. So I tried to call you from the gate but you cell was not reachable.

I was much relieved seeing her so relaxed and calm. I found myself on seventh heaven.

In excitement I asked “Did you like the card?”

She exclaimed “Card???? Which Card???”

I was all shocked. I controlled myself and asked “Didn’t you ask the security person about the gift pack”. She said I thought it was all a prank.

I got aghast at this. I asked her to go and collect it.

And it was just a start of the night mare. She opened the card read it and lost her temper. She didn’t even open the chocolate pack and threw it in dustbin. There was no question of reading the poem. She soon called me up and poured all her anger on me. I just listened to everything she said and thought that I will justify her in evening after office hours.

But it was too late. She had removed me from her communicator. I called her in evening but she didn’t pick the call. Moreover she sent me a SMS “Don’t spoil my mood by calling me or messaging me. I thought you are my friend. I don’t want to speak to you.”

Everything went wrong for me. I lost a good friend of mine. Then only I realized:

What is most unfortunate is:

To propose your friend and that ends with a broken friendship rather than a new relationship.


14th February, 2009:

I closed the doors and windows of my house. I watched all the saddest movies I have in my kitty. Kagaz ke phool, DevDas, Khamoshi(old)……..

At the end of the day I realized It is not the end of the world…and It is not the end of my life and Moreover it is not the end of the girls…

15th February, 2009:

I started my day with Andaz apna apna, Angoor and then Herapheri…….

So all in all it was a perfect valentine for me. I saw all the emotions of life..not only saw but lived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment