Monday, July 20, 2009

Colours of Friendship

Colours of Friendship

“Dring”..” Dring”….the usual ring of alarm broke the silence of the dawn. I woke up and stopped the alarm. I was feeling lazy enough to go to gym. So decided to sleep more what I do more than often. I was still thinking about her. So going to gym was not promising me either. I had talked to Kashish last night about her. She encouraged me to take the first step on this friendship day. I thought sleeping little bit extra will help me in recollecting the necessary guts.
“Wake up man and lets go for Gym” screaming like anything Niket came and shaked me off. “Not coming …baby…m not feeling well” I replied pretending if I was really ill. “F off” he said showing his middle finger. I know he was abusing me thoroughly but who was cared. I was still in my wonderland.
It was shiny morning. I woke up in a flash soon the sunrays fall on my face through the window. “Oh my God..I am late . Its already 8:29 am. What a big duffer I am” I yelled at myself. I never wanted to reach office late . So I took my bath and rushed to the office. Anyhow I managed to reach before ten. The First thing I did after getting into my office was to take the blank papers from the printer. It was a kind of routine for me to go and check the printer if it is running. Actually It was my way to have a glimpse of her . I didn’t found Nishi at her place. My eyes were looking for her as if I was searching a diamond pendant from the heap of straw. Of Course for me she was more than a diamond. I came back to my seat little disappointed. I couldn't engage myself into anything. Frustrated I took the bottle and went to the water cooler to get some water. My goodness, she was there. I was not able to breathe. I smiled at her but she moved away looking towards the ground. I never knew the reason but this demoralized me from the core.
It was lunch time and I was not feeling like taking lunch. Even himal and Kashish were not coming for lunch. I declined to join my team for lunch but the hope of seeing her again made me not to do so. Alas she was there with her friend (Langoor , My friends call him). My eyes got broaden as soon as I saw her but to my disappointment she left without noticing my presence. The day was turning out to be very inauspicious for me. Suddenly I remembered today is solar eclipse..surya grahan what we call it in Hindi… This made me more hesitant from inside. Halfheartedly I returned back to work.

I told Kashish about it. We had already discussed about all this last night. The more she was excited about all this, the more gloomier I was. Nevertheless we all were set to inform my feelings about her. But something was stopping me from behind. She took the control of my system and wrote something on IM. It was her name on the receiving end…and the message was “Hi” with a smiley. I went paralyzed after that. I didn’t have any clue what to do. “Damn It” you just messed it all. I waited for her reply but she didn’t show up. Kashish was equally in panic but tried to handle the situation. She added “seems u r busy. Just Wanted to wish u Happy Friendship day in Advance. Have a nice weekend. Bye”. I was shivering as my body temperature was creeping up. I saw everything getting vanished in front of me. Soon I realized there is nothing to vanish since nothing is there in real. I smoothened myself and went to play football to just get out of what has happened just now. I was targeting the football hard as if it was the only root of all my worries.
Opponent was comparatively weak and we crashed them by 7-2. I scored 4 goals on a trot and this made me feel better. On the way back home I was thinking about the day what went wrong. I wished If Nishi would be watching my football game. Finally I reached home and threw my cell phone on the bed and went to terrace. Some bitter moments of my Life passed by my mind. To get rid of them, I planned to watch a movie. I went downstairs and was all set to watch “Kagaz ke Phool”. Suddenly I saw my cell phone, a message was from kash.
“Sorry for What I have done today. I thought you were all set to propose her. Sorry Again Fattoo”. I rehearsed her words again. “Fattoo”…I asked myself “AM I FATOOO”…several times…and the thousands of replies came yes you are..yes you are…..I laid on bed…and lost into the trap of sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment