Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Always give a try.............

Mai apne aap ko pahchanta kaise,
ke aine the mere ghar me bahot;
kya hun, kyu hun ye janta kaise,
ke aine the mere ghar me bahot....
The energy to win and the fear to lose both resides in the human mind. The feeling which supersedes the other makes the outlook of the person. We see the obstacles in our way only when we keep our eyes off the goal. Often we presume that we cannot do this, and we never give a try. But I say Always give a try since if you win you will be happy else you will be wise.
If you will turn down the pages of history, you will find all those names there because all of them tried the things out their way. It was never a one time effort but it was a constant effort, effort to stand again and give a try. This never die attitude should be there in every individual.
I believe that 25% of our problems will be solved by giving one more tries to the problem. It’s the presumption that it will not happen stop us from trying and finally eliminate all the possibilities of its happening.
I will give you a small example.
Last week when I switched on the television to watch India-West Indies one day series, I was disappointed to find that TenSports is not activated on my set up box. So I straightly went down to the retailer to get it activated. On the way I thought of checking once if it is coming on National. But as always, that presumption came into my mind. “DD does not telecast even the cricket played in subcontinent how can I expect a series from West Indies. I got TenSports recharged for myself for Rs.100 for 4 months (was not available for less than this).After few days I discovered that the series is getting telecasted on DD as well.
Smart people learn from their mistakes and smarter ones from others mistake. I didn’t make the same mistake again. Santa Singh will say it means you checked DD every time before you made any recharge. It is not like that way. I learnt to give a try before assuming any thing.
Last month I vacated my rented house. One of my friends shifted at that place. I was paying 3.5K per month including all the charges. My friend is paying 3.7 K per month, Rs.200 for electricity charges for the same house. He called me one day and told me about this. I thought of giving a try to convince the owner. I called him up but to my disappointment he said the rent was 3.7 from the beginning. So there is no question of reducing it. I was feeling bad, not because he was not convinced but because his version proved me a liar. I called him again and asked him to check the agreement papers since rent is mentioned there. In a minute he called me back apologizing for the mistake. He reduced the rent for my friend from that very month.
Santa Singh will again say “huhh how does it help in a bigger picture”.
I agree that these are very small examples from daily life. But giving one more try always helps. I preach this philosophy to every one. I know that every body already knows about it but nobody cared. One of my friends not only followed this but also got success.
You won’t believe that he proposed a girl for 10 times. All the time she rejected. He came to me saying that your philosophy is crap. I asked him for one more time.
And today they are happily married couple. She asked me why you suggested him to give a try more.
I replied “Each time when he came back to me empty handed, I saw even more determination to get you. I never wanted to let that flame in his eyes die”.

No comments:

Post a Comment