Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Confession of a Rapist

Confession of a Rapist

“A Software Engineer of an IT Giant raped his colleague”. This headline in the local newspaper drawn my attention and shook me from inside. Since the incident was from my city so it aroused my attention. In a flash I read through the column. It seemed to me a blot on the society and moreover on the humanity. My anger burst up and my inner self gave the verdict instantly “Hang him till death”. Suddenly I realized that I know this culprit. He stays in Mr. Waghmare’s house as paying guest from last one year. He never seemed to be such a devil. But in this age of lies and corruption nothing seems to be impossible.

I thought of visiting Waghmare sahib. I saw the entire family in great shock. “He has always been good to my daughter infact like an elder brother” Mr. Waghmare said.

I went inside into his room. I noticed a strange silence there may be it wanted to tell us everything about his dark character. His laptop and other accessories were seized by the police. I found torn pieces of notebooks and albums in the dustbin. I brought all with me in my workshop. I didn’t know why I was doing all this but I was simply doing.

I came back to my place and tried to rejoin all the torn pieces and snaps. I was not able to figure out all the snaps but could able to recognize most of them. In all his childhood snaps his face was disfigured maybe some ill disease he has caught in his childhood. His face was so absurd that at times it seems to me horrifying. I tried to rejoin his diary pages and could read some of them. His dark childhood was there in front of me. This was his inborn disease. And due to this how he got always neglected by his parents, brothers, sisters and class mates, all his plight was clearly mentioned in fainted letters he has written to God. He has always been longing for attention but no one gave him his due place in the society. He always complained God that not a single girl looks at him. This feeling was growing inside him and he was fighting with it every day every minute and every second. He chose education as his weapon to show the world what he is made up of. He pursued MCA degree but didn’t get any job at his hometown. So he came down to this city of dreams. But again his face was holding him behind. He knew that the treatment for this disease is possible but he had no money. He started his career with developing small web pages for small organizations. Gradually he started getting good offers and after so many hardships he earned a place in a reputed IT company. But here also the discrimination followed. He was now more focused on his transformation. Treatment brought good results for him and his face was improving but all this didn’t come so easy. He had to undergo severe pain. But on practical grounds things were still the same. He had no friends in the company. Moreover he wanted everyone’s attention. He thought he will achieve this but he could never make it in the traps and tricks of this industry. He was disappointed, heart broken…All his hopes were on the final surgery which was to happen next week. He had his plans after that. From a long time he had hidden love for his colleague. He always used to see her from a distance but never had enough heart to talk to her.

Finally the surgery was over. He took rest for one week. When he saw his new avatar in the mirror he was overwhelmed. He rushed to his love to confess how much he loves her. But she reprimanded him. She called him ugly and asked him to remain in his limits. This offended him to the core. He was devastated. All the anger, insult within him was eager to come out. And in this frustration he committed this heinous crime. He was not a bad man but at that moment of time he was worst. He was even worse than an animal. I realized that no person is good or bad but sometimes he becomes devil.

I also read the confession letter what he has written to his God. I think he has done all this to get the attention of the world which he was deprived since his childhood. I was not able to decide who was more guilty, he or the society. Who was more ugly, he or the society??? His action cannot be condoned but is this society forgivable? He has dishonored his love whatever may be the reasons; no one can justify his act. But I had to think again “should he be given death sentence”?

I felt that this will be infact good for him to hang him because even left free after 14 years of imprisonment; he won’t be able to survive. His soul will again and again raise questions to him. Will he be able to bear the pain for his entire life?

I sighed “May this society give something back in form of death sentence to this “Dog of lesser Gods” and I set fire to all the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment