Sunday, August 2, 2009

A ROADIES LIFE

Life is a Roadies and it goes on. Only the players change. We meet with several people in the due course. Few faces remain with us for entire of our lives, few leave impact on us even after they leave and few change the way of our living. It’s a whirlpool of cycles. One new cycle starts from the one last ended.
Every year thousands of trainees come to Mysore, The Institution. I never knew that this place will lay a foundation of friendship which will go so far. Six strangers each with their own qualities were the part of one of the huge batches ever. The journey started in bunch of two’s Vasu and Gadoo, me and Deep, Sharma and Jaychi. Most probably I was the common link. The Hell down under was over and we all moved to Hyderabad, our next destination. Then I can never forget future plans of Gadoo to set up a own s/w firm where he projected himself and me as manager. Jaychi, Vasu and Deep will be the coding experts. And Sharma will bring tea for everyone .We always used to pull his leg. He was our favorite.
A major vote out and Gadoo, me and deep were thrown out of the Hostel but we were still in game. Niks entered with a wild card entry. On weekend’s parties at our flat and late night playing cards was the weekly routine. The gelling between me Deep and Gadoo was like sugar in a juice. The Compre heat was on and sun was at its peak but we always remained comfortable in each other’s company. And Remember the competition was on between me and Gadoo for the number of pranks we did. And believe me this was the sanjivani which always brought smile on our faces even in the gloomier moments. Whenever In my life I will think of those moments it will make my heart lighter and fill with joy. But every joy has to come to an end and it was again a time for the opt out.
One has to go and Gadoo opted himself out due to some of his other higher priorities. We were still super six but we always missed him. I learnt from Gadoo that how to get things done even in struggle time.
Then the next destination was Pune. Super six got engaged in their work, trying hard to lose their immunity. I witnessed two more wild entries Abhi and Pranab and we become entertaining Eight.
The highlights of Lilly for me will be definitely the cricket inside the house and the night we spent on the Water tank over the terrace watching the girl in next building. Of course the bike of Jaychi added an attraction to our house. But this just lasted for very brief as one more Opt out and he opted to go back to his home city. I learnt from Jaychi that how a person can be so down to earth even after getting such a genius mind.
We were sensational seven left and got shifted to a new place Vrindavan. A fully furnished house saw us playing cards till late nights. It witnessed several parties at Shivar. The glimpse of drunkards (me too...Just from the smell of liquor) will be always there in that house. It also witnessed Deepraj coming late from office and going early. Finally he lost his immunity and moved to London. I learnt from Deepraj that how dedicated you can be towards your work and remember work is worship.

Super six kept the momentum going. We played like anything let it be cricket, football or badminton. The intellectual discussions when Pranab was around were also a major highlight. But unfortunately he had to undergo a surgery and he had to leave the game in between with a hope if he can ever come back. I gained enormous intellectual and philosophical thoughts from Pranab.
But Funny fives were as enthusiastic as before. I and Niks always dream..”we will purchase this plot of land and 4 houses of four friends in each corner. And in center a glass house where we will be playing cards. Our wives would be frying snacks for us and all our funny dreams”.
Movies on weekends with Bookeazy were a major highlight of this period. Cricket in daytime and Dumsarraz in nights was a big time pass. But destiny took a U turn and two of us lost their immunities, Sharma and Nikesh. One got the much desired transfer to his home and the other much more desired onsite. I learnt from Nikesh and Sharma how to balance your work and personal life and exceed in them.
With the entry of Vikas Borse, the game moved on but not with the same energy. Weekends had become dull. I got engaged myself more in out of house affairs. Abhishek started coming late. Borse was as usual busy in his own world. I could understand the plight of Vasu.
All of a sudden three of us lost their immunities. Everyone doing what is best for him and automatically I become the winner of this Roadies, me all Immune. I learnt from Vasu,Abhi and Borse how honest one could be to his dreams.
I saw people coming and going. I learnt various things from each and every individual. Although this family no longer exists but I would say the memories will last long. I wave every one and wish them luck in their future endeavors. I am all alone now but now more stronger from inside,more philosphical and offcourse a better person...
Hopefully the dream of me and Niks will come true some day…..Aameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment