Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Change is Constant........

Last week I was shuffling through the channels in my TV. I had just come up from office and was terribly tired. I just thought to refresh my mind but to my disappointment I could not get a single program which I can watch through. Suddenly I got stuck at National. Some program called “Smile Pinky” was coming and instantly it drew my attention. The concept was very simple and presentation was par average but something was there which didn’t allow me to change the channel. Perhaps the heart they have put in had made it really attractive.

I just smirked over our self how we have changed in due course of time. How our taste have changed from “Chhota Jaadugar” and “Karamati Coat” to “Raakhi ka swayamvar” and “Big Boss”. People call these reality shows. Often I feel strange about it, Are they real by any means? When I look back to our DoorDarshan days, I remember programs like “Malgudi days”,”Neem ka Ped”,”Vyomkesh Bakshi”,”Dekh Bhai Dekh”,”Vividh”,”Tamas”,”Bharat ek Khoj”,”Idhar Udhar”,”Mitti ke rang”,”School Days”..etc etc…and the list goes on.

These serials were so attached to our daily lives that even today I can feel their impact in my living. All these serials had a soul which directly communicates with the viewer but now that soul is missing in today’s programs but strangely they are more popular. New channels are playing dual roles, they have become infotainment channels. They don’t show the truth but sell it. It is clear that they are not serving to the people but making business.

A great transformation has occurred in the society in past years. A great transformation has come in me as well. The thinking process changes in due course and it should. In fact it should not change but develop. When I was a kid of 3-4 years, my mom used to say “Eat Beta, else police will come”. My impression for Police was that they are the most powerful creatures.

When I grew up a little bit, I saw Shaktimaan on National TV. I had this feeling for almost a year that he is the strongest fellow and can save the world in any danger.
When I moved to primary school, one of my senior told me about Bruce Lee. He also emphasized that Shaktimaan is fictitious but Bruce Lee is real. From that day I started believing that Bruce Lee is the real Macho man. In coming years I saw Heman, Rambo and many others each changing my conception for the strongest fellow. In secondary school days WWF wrestlers were on the top. For few days I treated them as real heroes. In 2001, Osama rocked the world by destroying twin towers. After that incident I regarded him as the strongest person who can do anything at his will. But US Army destroyed them all over and made me realize that a person cannot be strongest but it should be an organization or nation. When I was in college I read about Bill Gates, the richest person in the world.
I considered him to be the most powerful personality since he controls the world economy.

When I graduated from the college and joined MICROSOFT, I realized that people like me and you are working in these organizations and they make Bill Gates stronger. So the strongest people are us. I derived that Knowledge is the strongest weapon and the person who has it in abundance is the most powerful person.

So I realized that transformation is the key here. Transformation is for good but it should be in a progressive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment